Purpose of the Role:
This candidate will play a pivotal role for the Product Management Team and will be responsible for driving strategic, profitable growth within our Durables product portfolio. This highly visible position is responsible for filling our new product development pipeline, business, and competitive analysis, working with our research and design team to bring consumer centric solutions and operate with a cross-functional team. The role will be responsible for identifying trends, product, price point, sales opportunities and long-term business strategy plans and analysis, while leading strategic projects to help support pampered chef’s long-term growth objectives.
- Owns the integrated product/solutions strategy for all categories and regions for Pampered Chef within our Durables product portfolio. Will lead the build out of the roadmap and lay a plan for execution to meet associated financial performance. Ensures that our target customer, field, brand, value proposition and relevant trends are incorporated into all aspects of the solutions development process.
- Develops and manages Key inputs into the strategic roadmap that focuses on product research, competitive benchmarking, pricing segmentation, portfolio strategies, financial goals, ensuring the appropriate balance of current category evolution, innovation and everyday solutions to provide a holistic launch plan, portfolio strategy and lifecycle management for non-execution years ( 1 year+ out).
- Plays a critical role in evaluating external Product and Brand Partnership’s and overall portfolio fit.
- Owns the P&L for specific components of the solutions portfolio and responsible for meeting KPI targets including gross profit, new product sales, brand perception, and product reviews
- Accountable for the new product development / market launch process. Ensuring alignment of cross-functional stakeholders and driving the stage gate reviews for the respective categories.
- Provide category direction to the broader marketing team and collaborate on development of go-to market plans
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and profitability of specific categories, to meet specific 3 year category financials and manages our plan to sell across all durables categories.
- Provides guidance to the product development team to comprehensively understand the categories PC competes in, inclusive of competitive frameworks, macro to micro trends, channel evolution and technology overlays as a key input to the PC development strategy
- Ensures the solutions team has the innovation pipeline to support the strategic roadmap and business goals
Competencies for Success:
- Customer Focus
- Manages Ambiguity
- Plans and Aligns
- Strategic Mindset
Measures of Success:
- Gross Profit/Consultant
- Operating Income performance
- New Product Performance vs Target
- New Product Vitality
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or related discipline or MBA in related field desired.
- 7-10+ years total career experience in product marketing/management, ideally including a prior rotation through a commercial or technical/product dev role
Read Full Job Description