- Inspect consignments to ensure TRR condition and acceptance standards are met; utilizing reference guides and historical data
- Improve product condition and value through external cleaning
- Identify, test and authenticate branded and unbranded product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, including brand identifiers, materials (i.e. metals, diamonds, color gemstones) and fabrication
- Research and price product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, factoring for fair market value, condition, and style
- Identify and enter product attributes and specifications
- Surface or escalate and solve exceptions, anomalies and/or authenticity questions
- Participate in training, audits and meetings, as required
- Aid with inventory organization
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure positive consignor experience
- Attain production targets
- Support process and system improvement through feedback and testing, as required
- Promote and uphold TRR authentication and pricing methodology and standards, data integrity and inventory controls
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years jewelry industry experience required, including Retail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Graduate Gemology diploma and/or GIA coursework preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of jewelry history, design, manufacturing and secondary market; concentration in 20th-21st century iconic Fine Jewelry houses, preferred
- Intermediate to advanced technical expertise, including gemological and metals identification, secondary market pricing principles and estimation know-how and proficiency
- The skills to work effectively independently and collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals and deadlines
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume production environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Dexterity, repetitive physical motions, hand/wrist movements
- Ability to push/pull, bend, crouch, lifting (1-15lbs)
- Ability to move within and between warehouses
These are critical requirements as the position is typically performed. All requirements are within TRR guidelines for health and safety standards. Inability to meet one or more of these requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation under Americans with Disabilities Act, TRR may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the key accountability to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury – a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.