What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury products by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, and hallmarks) and evaluating the quality of materials and construction.
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition and acceptance standards (Quality Control).
- Write informative product descriptions using industry-standard fashion terms.
- Price merchandise based on retail value, condition, and style.
- Data Entry (Provide pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication).
What You Bring To The Role
- College degree preferred but not required (fashion studies/merchandising, textiles studies, etc.).
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included).
- Strong fashion knowledge – Top designers and brands, current trends, garment construction, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration.
- Passionate about continuous learning and comfortable in conducting independent research.
- Strong business acumen and ability to align work with company goals.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury – a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.