Environment Analyst is an independent B2B information business covering the environmental services industry in the UK and globally. We publish news, features and market reports concerning the environmental consulting sector, brownfield land management and wider infrastructure and development topics. We also run conferences, webinars and awards. We work from offices in Shrewsbury and Bath (although some of our staff work remotely).
Our business model means we need to know what companies in the environmental sector are up to in some detail. We profile firms and quantify the markets in which they operate in our market research reports. The new roles sit at the coalface of this work, seeking and curating business intelligence for our clients.
You will be interviewing business leaders in the sector and understanding their project/client challenges, M&A decisions, strategic challenges and information needs. You will need a flair for investigative research, as well as confident communication skills to encourage companies to share information about their performance.
Your numeracy, analytical skills and command of written English will be strong, as you update corporate profiles and reports, and write news and features for publication in our market intelligence services. And you will need to be comfortable working across multiple projects, delivering to deadlines ranging from weekly news to annual research publications. The work is fast-paced and you will need to be accurate and thoughtful under pressure.
Under the guidance of our Director of Research, you will be engaged in research and writing activities, utilising research, analytical and presentation skills.
You will represent Environment Analyst at industry events and in client-facing meetings/interviews to find out more about them and tell them more about us.
Experience and education
- A good degree in an analytical subject and preferably a business-related masters degree
- 3-5 years’ demonstrable experience in either business journalism, market analysis or at a professional services firm
- Direct experience of the environmental / sustainability marketplace an advantage
Key skills required/ desired
- Strong communication skills – both internally and with clients. Confident use of phone and face-face meetings
- Experience interviewing senior business leaders, networking at meetings, circulating in professional circles
- Excellent written English and numeracy
- Good presentation skills for webinars and meetings
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Data analysis skills using Excel an advantage
- Competent user of MS Office (especially Word & Excel), Internet research tools, Gmail/Google Drive, content management systems
- Foreign language skills an advantage
- Undertake research and analysis using your own initiative
- Build relationships with senior industry contacts
- Write news, analytical articles and reports to tight deadlines
- Present research findings in webinars and at live events
- Support membership acquisition work in collaboration with our business development manager