Responsible for reviewing and pricing products and services. Analyzes profitability, develops pricing recommendations and implements and verifies pricing. Must work closely with product managers on pricing strategies and involve Product managers when necessary. Is responsible for communicating with sales officers and addressing pricing questions and/or issues from the Sales team. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs. Has extensive technical or functional knowledge of pricing strategies and models.
• Developing and executing deposit rate tactics to deliver on Revenue and Balance Growth targets.
• Management and tracking of exception pricing program results to maximize benefits of exception pricing ongoing monitoring of competitor performance via quarterly and other public reporting, provides early expectation of performance vs. peers and forecasting of competitive position.
• Carry out scenario analysis of alternative pricing approaches.
• Perform quantitative analysis on outcomes of applied pricing approaches.
• Apply mathematical analysis to data on client balance flows to inform pricing strategies.
• Analyze large amounts of data, leveraging SQL, Excel.
• Extract statistically significant learnings from data on balance and revenue impacts of pricing changes.
• Ability to analyze evolving trends in data and project financial impacts of potential pricing changes.
• Develop business cases in support of key initiatives.
• Ability to think strategically and tactically to drive success.
• Detail oriented, self-starter, takes initiative, independent worker, surfaces and escalates issues or concerns effectively.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to confidently present to senior leaders.
• Strong SQL, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to analyze product trends and understand the financials of the business.
• Ability to form strong partnerships with key stakeholders and work with them on initiatives, hold accountable when needed.
• Business, Finance or Mathematics Degree.
• 3+ years Consumer banking product knowledge/experience.
• Analytical, modeling and/or optimization experience and education.
• Prior pricing experience.